Asked by Ms.jujubee from USA | Mar. 31, 2011 22:16
About:China Consulate in New York

I am a naturalized citizen, born in Hong Kong in 1967, came to this country when I was 8 years old. I am having trouble getting a visa to go visit China. I've never been back since I came to this country. When I went to the San Francisco Consulate to apply for my visa, i was told that having a US passport is not enough, i needed my Hong Kong passport. Unfortunately, when i came to this country, i didn't have a passport, i traveled under my mother's passport. Is there any way to solve this problem? Isn't having a US passport enough? Please advise, my trip is coming up soon on April 15.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Apr. 01, 2011 04:32
It's true that a US passport is not enough for first time China visa application, you need to submit the original Hong Kong passport of your mother or the photocopy to prove you are in the same passport when you go to USA.
Related Questions:
Hi, I am a naturalized US citizen and was born in Hong Kong(SAR). My questi...
Asked by Mr.Michael Tsang from New York, USA
| Mar. 22, 2011 21:06
China visa application without Hong Kong ID and birth certificate
Asked by Jasmine from United Kingdom
| Jun. 19, 2012 02:12
Dear Sir/Madam: I am a Chinese borned, naturalized Canadian Citizen since ...
Asked by Ms.Ing from Canada
| Apr. 30, 2009 04:11
ancestral chinese visa application process
Asked by kai from USA
| May. 02, 2018 20:19
Do I need a birth certificate?
Asked by Lewis from USA
| Aug. 03, 2012 03:30
Can I get a Chinese passport if I was born in Hong Kong?
Asked by Aman from Canada
| Oct. 20, 2012 04:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)