Asked by Ms.Smith from United States | Feb. 19, 2011 04:39
About:Chinese Embassy in Belgium

I am a US Citizen who is currently traveling in Europe. I am staying with friends in Belgium at the moment. I am traveling to China from Egypt at the beginning of March (approximately two weeks) and will not be returning to the States before I leave for China from Egypt. I would prefer to apply for a Chinese tourist VISA from Belgium as opposed to Egypt. However, I don't have an identity card or work papers for Belgium as I do not work or live here. Can I still apply for a tourist VISA for China from Belgium if I have the necessary travel documents? Do I need a note from the US embassy or any other documents to supplement for the Belgian identity card or work VISA? Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ENID from China | Feb. 19, 2011 21:47
Ms.Smith, you can not apply for China visa in Belgium if you will not provide work visa or residence permit there. There is other options for you that you can send your application back to US and let your family apply for a China visa on your behalf. Or, you can apply in Hong Kong where you are not required a visa.
Related Questions:
US citizen applying for Chinese Visa outside of the US... where? how?
Asked by meghan from USA
| May. 21, 2013 04:37
Applying for visa to China in Ulan Bator
Asked by Dominic from USA
| Jan. 15, 2013 00:21
Do I need a tourist visa to visit Hong Kong? If so, what are the requiremen...
Asked by chris from qatar
| Mar. 31, 2013 04:17
How can i obtain a Chinese business visa while i am in India?
Asked by Vikram Tripathi from USA
| Sep. 28, 2014 21:12
24-hour transit period
Asked by Timothy Russell from Japan
| Sep. 12, 2016 03:37
Transit from Singapore: visa needed?
Asked by John Doe from USA
| Jan. 11, 2018 10:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)