Asked by Mrs.Mom from United States | Feb. 13, 2011 12:56
About:Marriage Registration in China

My American son is visiting his girlfriend in Tianjin. He has 60 day L Visa from January 1, with 30 day extended. He is going through divorce here in US that should be final March 9. He is expected to leave China by March 31. Can he marry his girlfriend while still in china before returning home March 31 if divorce becomes final on March 9? Can he get his single status certificate at an American Embassy while still in China? If so, what documentation will he need? If not, can he extend his Visa again? Or will he have to return home first?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.HELPER from China | Feb. 13, 2011 20:58
Firstly, L visa can be extended twice in China. About the divorce certificate, ex-spouse's nationality certificate(or declare ex-spouse's nationality), I think, you can assist him to process from Chinese embassy. The divorce certificate and the approval from Chinese court must be attached to the non-spouse certificate when notarized. Anyway, you'd better contact Chinese embassy if he needs to be there in person.
Related Questions:
Can a US citizen obtain a visa to Beijing while visiting in Italy?
| Oct. 18, 2016 22:35
Will my son (04/23) & his girlfriend (08/04) are having a baby. Are they go...
Asked by Crystal from USA
| Jun. 14, 2014 01:34
Is it possible that they will get married and are any children in their fut...
Asked by Dolores Lawry from USA
| Jun. 11, 2015 03:06
Hi, can anyone help with finding my parcel, tracking nr RB830328905CN
Asked by Angela from England
| Dec. 17, 2013 21:21
my american son was told that he must give $230. as a New Years gift to his...
Asked by alice from usa
| Feb. 16, 2015 21:17
How do I get an invitation letter?
Asked by mary dowling from USA
| Nov. 06, 2013 01:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)