Asked by Ms.BIBHOUSE from China | Jan. 31, 2011 21:01
About:China Embassy in Thailand

I am a US citizen, currently a resident of China, vacationing in Thailand. I have lost my US passport containing my Chinese employment visa. I have an appointment to get the US passport replaced tomorrow (2 Feb 2011), however I see by other postings that the Chinese embassy is closed 2-8 Feb 2011. I have a copy of the passport page containing my Chinese visa. Do I have to stay in China until the visa office opens up, or can I reenter China or must I stay in Thailand until the chinese office reopens? Thankyou for your urgent reply.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Jan. 31, 2011 21:50
You have to stay in Thailand until the the visa office of China embassy in Bangkok reopens, once you get your new passport, you have to apply for a new China visa on your passport to return to China, the copy of your passport page containing your Chinese visa is helpful for your application.
Related Questions:
Transit 12 hour to china on the way back to us, do i need visa? what r the ...
Asked by Odette sta maria from Usa
| Aug. 04, 2015 22:43
I'm a US citizen currently living in South Korea and have planned on vacati...
Asked by Ms.Colleen from USA
| Dec. 29, 2010 21:20
I am a US citizen (born NYC). Can I get a visa for China while vacationing ...
Asked by Carol Sperling from USA
| Nov. 01, 2011 22:22
Does the visa expire the same time as my Canadian passport? My passport exp...
Asked by Alex from Canada
| Jun. 29, 2017 03:56
Can a US citizen obtain a Chinese visa in Ukraine while vacationing here?
Asked by Anastasiya
| Aug. 23, 2012 02:30
I am a retired UK citizen currently resident in Thailand using a multi-entr...
Asked by Mr.Derek Cass from Thailand
| Dec. 02, 2010 20:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)