Asked by Mr.Carlos from Brazil | Jan. 22, 2011 10:11
About:China Embassy in Thailand

Hello, I am a Brazilian who wants to study in China, I already have the admission letter and JW202 form needed to apply for an X visa (student visa). I am now visiting Thailand and would like to get the X visa in Bangkok and go to China from here.

Is it possible for a Brazilian to apply for the X visa to China while visiting Bangkok?

If not, can I get the X visa in Hong Kong?

Last case, maybe I can apply for an L visa in Bangkok and then change it into an X visa in China ?

Thanks for your reply.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ENID from China | Jan. 22, 2011 20:34
You can have a try to submit your X visa application to Chinese embassy in Bangkok, and also you can apply it in Hong Kong if you can not be granted a visa in Bangkok. Moreover, you'd better apply for a X visa directly if you have already got the admission letter and JW202 form. It is not easy to change visa types within China and it is costly.
Related Questions:
Do I need a Bank Statement when going to the Embassy to apply for a visa?
Asked by Thomas from Cameroon
| Jul. 12, 2014 01:58
American visiting Jordan seeking visa for China in Jordan
| Jul. 28, 2014 02:51
How to get tourist visa in china
Asked by Diana from China
| Mar. 03, 2015 23:52
I want to know the cost and what documents required for visa
Asked by Yusuf from Sierra Leone
| Dec. 03, 2017 20:25
My name is Mahad, from Somalia, I am planning to study in China, I have adm...
Ms.MAHAD from Somalia
| Aug. 28, 2009 19:58
Which documents do I need to apply for China tourist visa in Spain?
Asked by Rafael M from Spain
| Jul. 18, 2011 23:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)