Asked by Ms.philiipines from Philippines | Jan. 18, 2011 20:33
About:China Embassy in Canada

I am working in Canada and want to visit my husband in Hong Kong. Do I need a tourist/ travel visa? How long will it take to process -- I am hoping to go within a month. What documents do I need and how much money do I need to have to show that I can afford to visit for 2 weeks?

thanks for your help

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.NANCYMOON from Macau | Jan. 19, 2011 02:24
If you will visit Hong Kong for less than 14 days, you don't need a visa to Hong Kong. Otherwise, you have to apply for Hong Kong visit visa through China embassy/consulate in Canada or asks your husband to apply for it from Immigration Department of Hong Kong SAR Government. It takes about 4 weeks. Please get the photocopy of your husband's Hong Kong ID Card and his passport photocopy, you can show them to Hk immigration officials.
Related Questions:
What kind of visa should I apply for four to six month stay in Hainan , cor...
Asked by Mrs.Ong from Singapore
| Mar. 20, 2011 22:02
i am is malaysian,but my husband is hong kong(chiese)but working in uk.i bo...
Asked by Mrs.wonr from malaysia
| Dec. 10, 2008 03:56
i am a india citizen. How do i get a 3 mth vist visa to hong kong to visit ...
Asked by anil
| Jun. 06, 2013 02:20
HI there ! I have come from India to Singapore on a tourist Visa for one...
Asked by Mrs.Nandini Anand from Singapore
| Apr. 04, 2010 03:29
I have a NZ passport which is valid until May 2014 and I wish to travel to ...
Asked by stephanie from Beijing
| Jan. 10, 2014 03:04
Joining my husband (Hong Kong permanent resident) living in China. What sor...
Asked by Karen from Australia
| Jan. 21, 2014 21:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)