Asked by Mr.mark from usa | Jan. 16, 2011 11:40
About:Weather, What to Pack and When Traveling to Tibet

My wife and I are planning a trip to China in November 2011, we will be flying into Kunming. We are planning to tour the Kunming area and would like very much to take a budget tour of Lhasa and the surrounding area of Tibet.

Is it possible to organize the Tibet tour and obtain the Tibet travel permit in Kunming? (I am aware that you must be a on tour to visit Tibet)

In addition can you recommend how long in advance plans should be made.

Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.Sara | Jan. 16, 2011 20:48
You are right, sir, you need to be in a Tibet tour( to visit Tibet, and generally, the China tour agency( should process the Tibet Entry permit from Tourism Administration of the Tibet Autonomous Region for you. China visa is valid for 3 months, so you can start processing the China visa in September or October, and then, apply for this permit with your China visa( .
Related Questions:
Do we need to apply for a visa and what documentation is needed?
Asked by Leen freeman from South africa
| Jan. 07, 2015 02:12
Can I get a visa if my passport expires in October 11?
Asked by jayesh from Mars
| May. 21, 2011 20:27
Long vacation in china
Asked by Nicki Brandt from Denmark
| Aug. 28, 2017 03:39
Please, we are planning a trip to China in 2011 visiting Beijing, Xian, Sha...
Asked by Mrs.Beth from England
| Sep. 26, 2010 20:40
Canadian Citizen needs a double entry Visa to China. ARC expires November 7...
Asked by Steph8 from South Korea
| Jul. 12, 2011 01:48
We are planning to visit tibet in our trip to china at May 2011, i heard th...
Asked by Mr.Juan Ortiz from Argentina
| Jan. 19, 2011 22:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)