Asked by Ms.Winnie To from Belgium | Jan. 04, 2011 06:27
About:Chinese Embassy in Belgium

Hi there,

I am originally from Hong Kong and I have a Belgium residence card but it has already expired on 30 Nov. I just went to the city hall with my renewed work permit to renew my Belgian identity card but i was told it will take at least 4 weeks to process. However, I have already bought the ticket flying back to my home town Hong Kong next Friday. My question is do I need a valid Belgian identity in order to go back from my home country? And how about coming back to Belgium after a 3-week stay in Hong Kong?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from United Kingdom | Jan. 06, 2011 04:00
Yes, you need a valid Belgian identity card to go back from Hong Kong. You can ask someone else to take the Belgian identity card for you, then mail it to Hong Kong, after receiving it, you can come back to Belgium, otherwise, you have to postpone your trip to Hong Kong.
Related Questions:
visa for HK in Australia.
Asked by Simon from Australia
| May. 31, 2012 23:16
i am belgium residence but my nationalty is pakistani i want to go to hongk...
Asked by abdul rehman from Belgium
| Jul. 21, 2012 03:55
Hello, I am originally from HK. I have a id card and a green card. My HK pa...
Asked by Ms.Rachel from USA
| Apr. 11, 2011 22:04
Hi, i am Turkish citizen i have a residence in Belgium. I am living in Antw...
Asked by Mr.can Ilgaz from Turkey
| Dec. 13, 2009 00:56
I am living in Belgium, my nationality is Pakistani but i have Belgium resi...
Asked by Mr Saleem from Pakistan
| Jul. 20, 2011 22:46
hi i am ritu from nepal what i have to do to get work in belgium and want t...
Asked by ritu from Nepal
| Mar. 14, 2012 21:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)