Asked by Mr.Lee from United Kingdom | Dec. 15, 2010 09:35
About:Dual Nationality

I am a British Citizen and also have a 3 *** Hong Kong ID Card cos I was borned in Hong Kong. My wife and I are married in Hong Kong 2006, she is a chinese citizen and have a china passport with UK spouse visa. Now she is applying for a One-way-permit to Hong Kong and wanting to apply for HKID card. Does she have to give-up her chinese citizenship (ie. china ID card and China passport)to get the One-way-permit to go Hong Kong to apply for HKID card. Does she allow to obtain the One-way-permit and keeping her china passport for travelling to UK with me and other countries??? Pls reply, THANKS!!!!

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.James | Dec. 20, 2010 03:25
She can have one-way permit and China passport together. As to applying for HK ID, I don't think she can have a permanent HK ID card. It is possible to apply for temporary ID card in HK, but you need to apply for permit to enter mainland China from Hong Kong.
Related Questions:
US citizen with an old Hong Kong ID card (issued in the 1983) for HKSAR pas...
Asked by Frank from USA
| Apr. 19, 2013 03:41
obtaining china visa - family visit
Asked by sam from uk
| Nov. 22, 2016 08:30
Can my wife apply for the HKPIC (Hong Kong Permanent ID card)?
Asked by jerry from usa
| Jan. 20, 2012 21:47
i am an angolan which have Hong Kong ID card Residence, do i need visa to ...
Asked by Ms.Marcia from Angolan
| Nov. 23, 2010 21:20
I have a 3 star Hong Kong ID card .Can I apply to change to the new HKID ca...
Asked by Geoffrey from Canada
| Aug. 24, 2011 04:32
can I apply for a H.K smart card in Canada?
Asked by Jeanie from Canada
| Oct. 28, 2011 04:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)