Asked by Ms.L from Canada | Nov. 18, 2010 15:28
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

I have 2 questions,

#1: I am under 18 and my mother lives in china, but my parents are divorced and my legal guardian is my dad who lives in Canada, will I still be granted the family visit visa?

#2: If I want to apply for the residence permit, do I apply it along with my visa before I go back to China, or do I apply it after I enter China? Also, if I'm supposed to apply for both visa AND the residence permit, what type of visa am I supposed to apply for?


Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Alejandro | Nov. 19, 2010 03:27
You can still apply for family visit visa because your mother lives in China.

You need to apply for the residence permit after you enter China. In Canada, apply for a China tourist visa for family visit, then go to China, apply for residence permit under the help of your mother.
Related Questions:
Hi. I have some questions regarding applying for a visa to visit China. ...
Asked by Ms.Michelle from USA
| Feb. 06, 2011 00:01
I'm under 18 and my mother lives in China. I was wondering under what condi...
Asked by Ms.Chen from Canada
| Mar. 01, 2011 01:27
This is the 2nd time that I am asking these question. Your Web Site replied...
Mr.CTLTRANS from United States
| Nov. 17, 2009 22:11
I am a Snake male, interested in a Dragon female. Do we have a bright or a ...
Asked by Robby B. from USA
| Oct. 01, 2014 09:14
Only chinese people allowed at wedding banquet?
Asked by LondonGal from United Kingdom
| Dec. 29, 2015 02:58
I just want to go back to China
Asked by AZM from USA
| Sep. 23, 2015 04:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)