Asked by Mr.Greg from Austra | Nov. 09, 2010 05:25
About:China Transit Visa

Dear Sir

I am an Australian citizen travelling on an Australian passport. I will be flying China Southern airlines into Guangzhou from Cambodia and have a 21 hour stopover in Guangzhou before continuing on to Sydney.

I would like to leave the airport during this period.

Can you answer the following questions for me
-- do I need a transit visa
-- can I obtain the Visa at the airport on entry to Guangzhou -- (note my arrival is approximately 22:00 hours), or do I need to obtain it before I enter Guangzhou
-- do you know the cost of the Visa

I am very grateful to you for your advice.


Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Vivian from Australia | Nov. 09, 2010 20:51
You don't need a transit visa if you don't leave the airport during the 21 hours stopover. You need to obtain a visa at the airport if you want to go to Guangzhou, maybe you can't get it because the visa policy tightens owing to Asian Games from October to January. You can apply for a China transit visa from China embassy in Cambodia, the fee is about US$30
Related Questions:
Dear Sir: I am an Australian citizen with the Australian passport, I inten...
Asked by Mr.Duncan from Australia
| Jun. 01, 2010 22:31
Transit Visa by Nanjing - Shanghai and then back to Canada
Asked by Helen from Australia
| Nov. 19, 2014 00:56
Dear Sir/Ms I am an Australian citizen holding a current Australian passpo...
Asked by Mr.Chris Freer from Australia
| Sep. 07, 2009 20:01
I am on a Cruise stopping at Hong Kong then visiting Shanghai, do I need a ...
Asked by John Uhlman from Australia
| Jan. 12, 2016 20:22
Is it possible for me to apply for a visa at Colombo and how long would the...
Asked by sahib aldugaily from australia
| Mar. 31, 2015 01:11
Travelling on cruise ship with one day stopover in Xiamen. Is a visa necess...
Asked by Neil from Australia
| Oct. 13, 2014 04:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)