Asked by Ms.Rica from Philippines | Oct. 18, 2010 08:38
About:Marriage Registration in China

Hi,My chinese citizen fiance and I just went to Fuzhou to apply for a marriage certificate, we brought all the requirements needed such as: my Certificate of No Marriage authorized by Department of Foreign Affairs and authenticated by the chinese embassy in Philippine as well, but the problem is in my certificate of no marrriage it is indicated like this: My "name" does not appear in our National indices of Marriages which means: I am certified Single (this is the format of our certificate of no marriage in the Philippines) but they did not accept it, they wanted to see the word SINGLE in the document, they asked me to go to Philippine embassy in Xiamen where I stay now.. I called the embassy, someone told me that I must go there first to get a legal capacity?? is it right?? and they're asking me to bring my certificate of no marriage authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and my birth certificate that is also authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs, I have my birth certificate here with me but it's not authenticated (red ribbon) by the dfa, because before we planned everything my fiance called the marriage registry office that i don't need birth certificate anymore. My only problem is, my certificate of no marriage must have the word SINGLE as they requested... what will I do?? And is it possible to have a legal capacity from the embassy just present my passport and certificate of no marriage authenticated by the dfa and the chinese embassy in the philippines?? please help me.. thanks...

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Elliot from China | Oct. 18, 2010 23:21
So, you need to follow what they required for the single status.
Related Questions:
Can my mother visit me?
Asked by Anonymous from China
| Apr. 23, 2017 21:00
hi there, im pakistani citizen, i lived in cyprus about 6 years, i got marr...
Asked by Mr.mudassar siddique from pakistan
| Nov. 28, 2009 01:46
Dear sir/madam is it possible to get 60 days family visit visa for Nepales...
Asked by Lokendra Sherma Limbu from Nepal
| Apr. 15, 2012 03:44
China consulate in Florence? Do I need Italian ID card?
Asked by Nina from Italy
| Oct. 04, 2011 02:58
Could the US embassy in Hong Kong help me or is this a hard and fast rule?
Asked by Preslik from USA
| Jul. 05, 2014 22:41
My fiance is a Chinese citizen, can he apply for certificate of no marriage...
Asked by Ms.laine from philippines
| Feb. 02, 2011 20:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)