Asked by Ms.Kara from USA | Aug. 15, 2010 19:20
About:China Embassy in Thailand

US citizen, currently holding an f visa that expires on the 31st this month. The renewal charges for another f visa is around 5500 rmb if I renew it here while still in China, this is the cheapest agency quote I've been given. I don't need a business visa, I'm only here because of my Chinese fianc and his parents - but since we are not married yet I am not eligible for the L visa ? We are both coming to Thailand for vacation anyway, wouldn't it be cheaper and more convenient for us to leave china before my visa runs out, and renew it to a 3 or 6 month L visa ? Are the possibilities really that slim right now to get in to china via embassies that are not in our own country ?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Cody | Aug. 15, 2010 20:29
Ms.Kara, possibly you can try to apply for a new L visa in Thailand. An L visa is for foreigners who come to China for sightseeing or visiting family. So, you are qualified to enter China as a tourist. The visa fee is the same about USD140 for Americans no matter what types of visa you are going to get. And it is worth money to find you an agency to process it for you if necessary.
Related Questions:
I currently have an 1 year F visa for China allowing multiple entries, each...
Asked by Mr.HB
| Jan. 17, 2010 04:49
I am currently holding a F visa with a 12 month expiration (US nationality)...
Asked by Mr.Liu from USA
| Jun. 05, 2010 22:54
I am a USA citizen who holds a U.S.A passport with Chinese F Visa 1 year/90...
Asked by Mr.Stephen from USA
| Jun. 12, 2009 02:43
Hello, My student visa expires the 31st of March, but I want to stay lo...
Asked by Ms.Ally from the Netherlands
| Mar. 17, 2011 04:04
F extension for a French Citizen in China
Asked by PS from France
| Sep. 08, 2012 02:22
I want to extend my Chinese visa for another 6 months, right now it is an F...
Asked by Ms.Kara from USA
| Aug. 13, 2010 08:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)