Asked by Ms.Ellis from England | Aug. 09, 2010 04:04
About:China Embassy in Vietnam

My boyfriend and I tried to apply for our Chinese visas this morning at the consulate in HCMC. We were told that since July the visa office in HCMC can only issues Chinese visas if you can provide proof of a flight from HCMC to China. In addition to this the consulate in Hanoi will only issues visas to Vietnamese residents (we're British). We were planning to take the train from Hanoi across the border to Kunming (a reasonably popular traveling route) but this now seems impossible, as does using any other Vietnam-China land borders. Can anyone shed any light on this change in circumstances?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.Ingrid from Ukraine | Aug. 09, 2010 05:05
Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City requires you a ticket to China, it is far more easier and applicable than to apply a resident permit in Vietnam. One of my friend can only send her application back to canada to get a visa since the Chinese visa law took a Change. So, you'd better book a flight to China.
Related Questions:
Hi. I want to apply a chinese working visa. i've gone to china before 2007....
Asked by Ms.joeina from philippines
| Feb. 09, 2011 01:18
1 Appointment for 2 Visas
Asked by Pauline Lim-Hardacre from UK
| Aug. 01, 2018 20:41
Minors Visa Application
Asked by Lisa from USA
| Feb. 23, 2017 21:11
Hi, I am planning to go down to the Consulate to apply for visas for my fam...
Asked by Mrs.Evelyn from USA
| Dec. 08, 2009 04:14
My wife and I are US citizens living and working in Chittagong, Bangladesh ...
Asked by Mr.Paul from Bangladesh
| Mar. 04, 2010 22:10
How Frustrating! Have just tried calling the Consulate to make enqiries re...
Asked by Mrs.Donna from Qld, Australia
| Aug. 16, 2009 21:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)