Asked by Mr.Joaquin Melendez from Korea | Aug. 03, 2010 17:06
About:China Embassy in Colombia

Chinesse embassy in Korea changed the rules and now request that my Korean Alien Registration Card has a validity of at least 6 months, how can I get a visa to China?

To whom may it concern.

I am a Colombian citizen studying in Seoul, South Korea. I bought tickets to Shanghai about 2-3 months ago but since july 1st the Chinesse embassy in Korea changed the rules and now request that my Korean Alien Registration Card has a validity of at least 6 months the problem is that since l will finish my studies in December my Alien Card expires in that same month.

Please let me know what to do.

Thank you for the help.

Joaquin Melendez|joa.melendez

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.HELPER from China | Aug. 04, 2010 03:30
Mr.Joaquin Melendez, please don't worry, as I know, the China consulate in Busan (Pusan) has not applied the new rule. I read the experience of Ms.Ayzia(Korea)who applied the China visa in Korea,

Ms.Ayzia(Korea) said:

I was in the same predicament as many of you. I booked my flight to China only to find out about the change in policy. I even sent my passport back to Canada for someone to get my a travel visa on my behalf, but it was rejected. I advise against doing this since you can't be truthful about living in Korea on the application, and they may see that you are still in Korea when they look at your passport.

In the end, Kangsan travel saved me! I dropped my passport off at their Seoul office near City Hall station and they sent it to Busan (where the ARC card rule doesn't apply yet). It took 5 days including dropping it off and picking it up. I just got it today (Aug. 2nd). Kangsan is AMAZING! Phone 020-777-2102.
Related Questions:
What does Korean alien registration have to do with China?!
Asked by Jo Selin from USA
| May. 14, 2012 03:03
Also working in Korea, but less than 6 months remaining on Korean residency...
Asked by Sara from USA
| May. 15, 2012 02:28
Travelling to Beijing for 4 days on our way home from Korea to Germany
Asked by Sarah from Korea
| Feb. 09, 2012 01:05
My daughter is studying in Korea with a multiple entry Korean Visa valid un...
Asked by Mrs.Christine from Canada
| Apr. 08, 2011 01:58
Chinese Tourist Visa from South Korea for an Austrian traveller
Asked by Sigrid Kerschbaum from Austria
| Nov. 02, 2011 04:58
Lost the Alien registration card in China
Asked by Zhu Xiowei from China
| Aug. 18, 2013 04:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)