Asked by Mr.Alan from france | Jul. 27, 2010 09:04
About:China Embassy in France

I am british but live in france. I do not have a residents visa or certificate as this is no longer issued in france under an EEC directive. I will be travelling to China for work later in the year. Can I apply for my visa at the embassy in Paris with my UK [European Union]passport? If so do I have to apply in person or can I post my application? How long will it take to process my application do I need to collect it from the embassy or will it be posted to my french residence?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from China | Jul. 28, 2010 22:41
Mr.Alan, there is no simple answer to this question, I know that you don't need a residence visa or permit in France owing to the EEC, however, however, sometimes, the China embassy asks the applicants to apply for China visa in their own country, it is not reasonable.

You can have a try to apply for China visa in France, the application by post is not accepted. It takes 4 working days, you need to collect it from the embassy, the mail back service is not provided, either.
Related Questions:
I do not know where to submit my application for a Chinese visa. I am Briti...
Asked by Ms.Maureen from kenny
| Dec. 13, 2010 21:25
Hello, I have a question on the 72 hour visa to Beijing.
Asked by Jan from France
| Nov. 04, 2015 03:11
dear madam I and my husband are british citizens but we live in france a...
Asked by Mrs.CAUDLE from FRANCE
| May. 18, 2009 23:02
Do i have to make an oppointment at the Chinese embassy in london to renew ...
Asked by jing liu from China
| Feb. 06, 2018 02:10
Living in France holding a current British Passport
Asked by B Young from France
| Dec. 15, 2012 01:57
I am applying for a Chinese Visa with a British Passport in Paris. Which ad...
Asked by Sophie Stonor from France
| Mar. 10, 2012 02:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)