Asked by Mr.Aluko from Trinidad and Tobago | Jun. 19, 2010 11:49
About:China Embassy in Trinidad and Tobago

In attempting to apply for my Chinese visa last week, I was told that I need to get a copy of my hotel booking and flight itinerary.I have asked my contact in Shanghai to book reservations for me at a hotel through her travel agency. I then called the embassy to ask if they just need the general information in writing from me about my reservations or if they would require an official copy from the hotel through me. The lady on the phone from the embassy stated they required an official document. However my contact in Shanghai stated that the travel agency can accept the reservation but generally won't send the official document to customers.
Why would the Chinese embassy require this of me then? What should I do in order secure my chances of acquiring my visa?
I appreciate your assistance and response.

Answers (4)
Answered by Mr.Alvin from China | Jun. 20, 2010 03:51
A qualified travel agency can provide you an official document.
Answered by Mr.Aluko from Trinidad and Tobago | Jun. 21, 2010 18:13
Can you recommend such a travel agency that does flights between Hong Kong and Shanghai? It would be preferable if the have offices in my country. If not, they are trusted partners?
Answered by Mr.Simon | Jun. 21, 2010 21:46
Mr.Aluko, can you tell me the purpose of coming to China? For business, work, sightseeing, etc? If you just want to apply for tourist visa application, the invitation letter from an large or famous international travel agency in China is Ok for visa application, for business visa application, your business partner in China can apply for the original visa notice sheet from an authorized Chinese governmental office for you.
Answered by Mr.Aluko from Trinidad and Tobago | Jun. 22, 2010 02:33
Yes, I am going to Shanghai for the expo, however I also have business in HK I understand my workings in HK does not require a visa and as such is separate from any dealings with the mainland. I am only going to shanghai for the expo however I am also meeting a friend their who is taking care of my hotel accommodations... Exactly what procedure should I take to acquire my visa?
Related Questions:
Sri Lankan Student who studying in Japan needs to visit China for Internalt...
Asked by Dulantha from Sri Lanka
| Jul. 30, 2012 03:37
Greetings! I'm currently having a tourist visa but was able to register m...
Asked by Ms.Rochelle from China
| Dec. 20, 2010 19:33
Apply visa for my friend at the consulate
Asked by C Philogene from Netherlands
| May. 06, 2014 04:37
I am American, can I get a double-entry visa from China Embassy in Seoul wh...
Asked by urgent question! from United States
| Jul. 22, 2011 20:45
greetings, i inetend to travel to cambodia with my 4 years old son, i was t...
Asked by Mr.mark from nigerian
| Oct. 14, 2009 20:53
Iam a nigerian residing in dublin. I went to the chinese embasy last week t...
Asked by Mr.chimezie nwodo from nigerian
| Oct. 27, 2009 20:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)