Asked by Mr.Grieves from United Kingdom | Jun. 10, 2010 02:02
About:China Tourist Visa

Hi, I came to China with my fiancee in February and we got married a few weeks ago.

My L-visa will be expiring soon. so my wife phoned the visa issuing office in her hometown, Pingnan(Guangxi), a small rural city rarely visited by foreigners.
The people at the office were very unhelpful and insisted that I cant get a 1 year visa from their office. I thought it wouldn't be a problem so I left everything to the last I have 4 days to leave China.

I am planning on going to Hong Kong to apply for a 1 year L-visa. Does anyone know if I will be able to obtain a 1 year single entry L-visa in Hong Kong or will it be multiple entry visa with 60/90 day durations of stay? Do I need to bring a letter of invitation or will my Chinese marriage book/certificate be enough?

Is there any way I can make the visa office in Pingnan county to give me a 1 year L-visa extension?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Simon | Jun. 10, 2010 03:34
Mr.Grieves, it is possible for you to get a China L visa in Hong Kong, however, it is likely for you to get a multiple-entry visa with 30 days or 60 days or 90 days stay per entry. You need to take the Invitaion Letter from your wife, the copy for your wife's ID card, and the marriage license
Related Questions:
hi i just got married in china 2 weeks ago i wish to anull marriage my part...
Asked by Mr.shane kelly from australia
| Jan. 31, 2011 03:30
Visa for ancestry research in China
Asked by Zhang from Singapore
| Dec. 18, 2012 03:29
About divorce
Asked by Peter Dyson from UK
| Jan. 20, 2016 21:41
can i apply for a marriage entry permit or resident permit at the PBS befor...
Asked by Macbrain from Ghana
| Jul. 21, 2015 21:39
Can I do the extension without my wife's visa photocopy?
Asked by Richard from Cameroon
| Dec. 19, 2015 01:10
is 10 years Chinese started now?
Asked by Guoli Hu from USA
| Nov. 13, 2014 20:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)