Asked by Mrs.Mj from Philippines | May. 14, 2010 10:04
About:China Embassy in Philippines

I currently am living in China on a student visa that is valid until the end of August. I will be going back to the Philippines in June in order to renew my passport and change my surname since I got married last year. My concern is that once I receive my new passport with a new surname that China will not honor my valid visa in my old passport. Do you know if I will have problems with immigration? If so, what can I do? Will I need to get a new visa?
Thanks for your help...

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Kevin | May. 15, 2010 20:33
I guess that you will face some problems with immigration because you hold a new passport with a new surname, you'd better apply for a new China visa with your new passport.
Related Questions:
Hello, I am a Malaysian living in Russia. I have a student visa valid u...
Asked by Mr.Kelvin Chong from Malaysia
| Apr. 20, 2009 04:15
I am an indian citizen. Is it possible for me to apply for a tourist visa ...
Asked by asen from India
| Jan. 28, 2012 21:32
Applied for a "L" visa whilst in china mainland
Asked by KEVIN from China
| Mar. 07, 2016 03:01
Chinese Visa in South Korea with UK passport
Asked by Kerry Dandie from Scotland, UK
| Sep. 04, 2012 02:54
Converting an Q1 to a X1 visa
Asked by Chelsey Withers from United Kingdom
| Dec. 04, 2017 01:53
Can I exit China with no residence permit after 30 days?
Asked by Anders from Denmark
| Jan. 15, 2018 02:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)