Asked by Ms.Liisa from Estonia/Thailand | Apr. 08, 2010 22:01
About:Apply for China Visa in a Third Country

I am an Estonian (and therefore EU) citizen currently living in Thailand. I am living hear for one year, from Jan 2010 to December 2010 and am here with a study visa (multiple entry). I want to visit China in July (as a backpacker), flying in from Kathmandu, and am not going back to the EU before that. Can I get a Chinese tourist visa from Thailand or from the boarder in China as I enter? What's the procedure?
Please help, I need to book flights,

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.peter | Apr. 13, 2010 05:04
yes, you can get a Chinese tourist visa from Thailand because you hold the Thai study visa, please prepare the following documents:
1. One completely filled out visa application form. No item should be blank .

2. One recently taken 2X2 inch photo showing entire face and without a hat on. Please affix the photo to the application form.

3. Original passport with at least 2 blank visa pages and valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of application.

4. Round trip airline ticket

5. Thai study visa and its copy.

Applicants are usually required to be present in the visa office. If an applicant cannot come in person, he/she may entrust a relative, friend, or travel/visa agent to come and submit the application on his/her behalf. No appointment is necessary for visa applications. The Consulate does not accept visa applications by mail.

It normally takes 4 working days to process the visa application.

The applicant may request expedited process with the approval of consular officers.
Related Questions:
Hello, I am estonian citizen, travelling the world for a year. So it is im...
Asked by Mrs.Raudnask from Estonia
| Feb. 18, 2009 03:33
Can I get a tourism visa to go back to China from the Chinese embassy in Se...
Asked by Elpida from Greece
| Jan. 08, 2013 03:56
I was wondering if I can apply for a China working visa while I'm in the UK...
Asked by Cecilia from
| Mar. 29, 2015 03:35
I am a dual citizen of an EU country and the US and am living in Bangkok wi...
Asked by Mr.BKKChris from Thailand
| Mar. 05, 2010 01:43
Can I obtain my new Z visa in Seoul?
Asked by Gosia from Poland
| Mar. 02, 2012 00:40
Visa for EU citizen living in USA
Asked by Albert Paul from United States
| Aug. 01, 2018 20:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)