Asked by Mr.Peter from Canada | Mar. 17, 2010 16:11
About:Chinese Consulate in Toronto

Can you tell me what kind of qualifications do I need to apply Residense Visa? How long will it take and can I apply in Canada?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from China | Mar. 17, 2010 20:43
You have to find a job in China first, then you employer in China can apply for the below two documents for you:
A visa confirmation letter (fax) issued by the relevant authority of the Chinese government;

b. The original and a copy of "Alien Employment License of the People's Republic of China " issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Security of P.R.C. or the original and a copy of "Foreign Expert Work Permit" issued by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs of the P.R.China;

If you obtain the two documents, you also need to prepare the following documents in person:
1) The original copy of the passport must have at least six months of remaining validity with enough blank visa pages;

2) One complete Visa Application Form signed by the applicant;

3) One recent 2X2 inches size passport photo, showing a full front view of the applicant's head and shoulders without head covering;

Then send all requirements to Chinese embassy or consulate in Canada according to the consular districts to apply for work visa. Applications by mail or courier are not acceptable. Return service by mail after the visa is processed is not available.

After you hold work visa (Z visa)to enter China, your employer will help you to get the residence permit (in fact, it is another kind of visa, residence visa)
Related Questions:
Visa for Latvian(EU country)
Asked by Andris from Latvia
| Apr. 05, 2017 20:11
Transit visa in Hongkong
Asked by Aruna Wickaramasinghe from Sri Lanka
| Sep. 11, 2014 01:46
China multi entry visa.
Asked by Graham from UK
| Mar. 01, 2012 00:21
hi Woudl you be so kind to tell me what documents do I need for china tour...
Asked by Mrs.tamar from georgia
| Jan. 13, 2010 04:47
visit to china for me and my uncle
Asked by Bhuneshwar sah from Nepal
| Sep. 19, 2012 01:25
what documents do i need to go to china if your are im mexican citizen with...
Asked by Mr.rodriguez from USA
| Jan. 12, 2010 02:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)