Asked by Mr.Paul from Bangladesh | Mar. 04, 2010 13:57
About:Apply for China Visa in a Third Country

My wife and I are US citizens living and working in Chittagong, Bangladesh on "entry" visas with work permits. We want to get tourist visas for a trip to China this summer. I've tried e-mailing the Chinese embassy in Dhaka to ask if any documents or information could be submitted prior to our going there to apply for a visa, but I haven't received a response. I gather this is simply a hit-or-miss process, but I wonder if you might have any tips. I take some encouragement from the fact that the cost of a visa for US citizens is explicitly listed on the Web site of the Chinese embassy in Bangladesh.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Simon | Mar. 04, 2010 22:10
Mr. Paul, you need prepare the following documents for visa application:
1. Valid passport (at least six months before expiration) with blank visa pages and copy of the first three pages;

2. TYPED Visa Application Form (download from with one passport photo.

3. work permit and its copy, the original one will be returned to you when the visa officer check it

4. return fligh ticket and the hotel reservation (maybe the visa officer will not require the documents for USA citizens)
Related Questions:
do I need to apply in person or can I submit in local vfs office?
Asked by moin from Bangladesh
| Aug. 01, 2018 20:09
Short visa as a Bangladeshi
Asked by Ali uzzaman from Bangladesh
| Jun. 22, 2015 02:32
business purpose to China with invitation
Asked by Shafiqul Islam from Bangladesh
| Jan. 04, 2013 00:01
I am Elenore Linda Grant & working at Caritas Chittagong. I want to viist m...
Asked by Linda Grant from Bangladesh
| Mar. 25, 2012 03:14
Dear Sir, I'm a Korean citizen and running business in Chittagong Export P...
Asked by Mr.HS Chae from Bangladesh
| Oct. 24, 2009 22:33
Transit Visa for US citizens
Asked by Heather from USA
| Nov. 07, 2017 19:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)