Asked by Mr.Frank from United Kingdom | Mar. 02, 2010 09:11
About:China Embassy in U.K.

Hi there, my girlfriend and I (both UK citizens) are currently on a trip through Asia and we're very keen to visit China, I think we will be able to get a Chinese visa in Hanoi or Bangkok, is this the case? If so how long do we need for processing and what will the cost be. We are likely to be entering China (visa allowing!) some time in May. many thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Charles from UK | Mar. 03, 2010 03:11
Mr.Frank, Some Chinese visa offices are refusing to issue visas to persons who are not resident in the country concerned. In some cases having a visa for that country is considered OK, but this might be of no help if you are in a country where you do not require a visa.

There is no simple answer to this issue, nor is it clear exactly why this rule exists. The first option is to try at every Chinese Consulate that you pass in the hope that one will grant a visa. Therefore, you'd better have a try to apply for Chinese visa in Hanoi or Bangkok, it generally takes 4 working days, 7 working days at most, the fee for single entry visa is 1,100 Bahts in Thailand.
Related Questions:
British citizen living in Egypt apply for Z visa in Egypt?
Asked by Brendan from Egypt
| Dec. 14, 2015 21:29
Hi, me and my friend are going backpacking in South-East Asia in March and ...
Asked by Ms.Isabelle from Norway
| Jan. 18, 2010 22:17
Hi, I am a UK citizen and my partner is Swedish. We are currently living ...
Asked by Ms.Kirsten from UK
| Mar. 16, 2010 04:21
Hi, if anyone can answer the following question/query it would be greatly a...
Asked by Mr.Williams from UK
| Mar. 17, 2011 00:17
My girlfriend and I are travelling 5 months through Asia. Next week we are ...
Ms.DIEDERIKKOK from Afghanistan
| Sep. 05, 2010 20:25
Swiss citizen traveling in Asia apply China visa in south Korea.
Asked by Mike from South Korea
| Jun. 12, 2011 20:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)