Asked by Ms.julie from malaysia | Feb. 20, 2010 23:54
About:Embassy & Consulates of Malaysia in China

hi! i am a malaysian who married to a chinese. we did not register in malaysia nor malaysia embassy in China. we will have a baby soon. i would like to know wherether our baby can apply for malaysian citizen in this case? thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Peter | Feb. 24, 2010 04:41
Ms.julie, your baby can't join the Malaysia nationality. Generally speaking, according to the Malaysian Nationality Law, if a Malaysian citizen married a Chinese citizen, if the father is Malaysian, the baby can join in the Malaysia nationality no matter he was born in Malaysia or other countries, if the mother is Malayian and the baby is born in Malaysia, the baby can join the Malaysia nationality, if the baby is born in foreign country, he can't join in the Malaysian nationality.
Related Questions:
dear sir/madam, i am a chinese citizen and married with malaysian, n...
Asked by Mr.han from malaysia
| Jul. 29, 2010 01:53
How can I get a visa to china if am a filipino married to malaysian
Asked by Maria stefanny Hallazgo from Philippines
| Sep. 20, 2016 02:12
Malaysian and Egyptian marriage register in China
Asked by Pei Qi from Malaysia
| Mar. 30, 2016 22:20
I am a malaysian and I plan to get married with my wife, who is from china....
Asked by Mr.Eddy chong from Malaysia
| Dec. 12, 2010 19:20
I am a Malaysian and married to a Chinese citizen. Can I apply for a resid...
Asked by Mr.Aw from Malaysia
| Aug. 29, 2010 01:42
how can i register with china girl in malaysian
Asked by lee from Malaysia
| Apr. 01, 2012 04:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)