Asked by Mr.Richard from South Korea | Feb. 09, 2010 22:14
About:China Consulates in South Korea


I'm currently trying to organise a Chinese Tourist Visa for a 5 day stayover in Beijing, starting on March 1st, 2010. I'm a British Citizen, but will be flying to Beijing from South Korea, which is where I currently live and work as an English teacher.

Could someone please advise how I go about applying for a visa?
At the moment I'm confused as to whether I can apply directly to the Chinese Embassy in Korea, or if I need to go through a third party visa agency. If the later is correct, could you please advise a good agency to go with, because I can't seem to find the page on this websight.

Hope to hear from you soon,


Answers (3)
Answered by Mrs.June from China | Feb. 11, 2010 19:55
Mr. Richard, where do you teach English in South Korea, please pay attention to the consular distrcts, if you want to apply for Chinese visa in seoul or Pusan, you have to apply for it through one of the travel agencies authorized by Chinese embassy or consulate, as for the list of travel agencies, they are in Korean version or Chinese version, can you read Korean?
Answered by Mr.Richard from Soth Korea | Feb. 11, 2010 22:26
Hi June,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I can only read English. I teach in Inceon, so Seoul is my closest Embassy.

How do I go about contacting an agency? I was hoping that I could just pay a visit to the Embassy myself, and deposit my documents personally.

Kind Regards,

Answered by Mrs.June from China | Feb. 22, 2010 03:53
Mr.Richard, you have to apply for Chinese Transit Visa through the designated travel agency, the visa office of Chinese embassy in Seoul doesn't accept visa application from oridinary passport holders, the List of travel agencies designated by the Consular Section of the Chinese Embassy in Seoul is in Korean I can't read Korean, either, so I can't translate it into English, however, the designated travel agencies can apply English service, you can call them, the staff can answer you in English, there are telephone numbers of the designated travel agencies on this list.
Related Questions:
Australian in Nepal
Asked by Courtney from Australia
| Nov. 02, 2015 21:04
HK to shenzen with US Passport
Asked by Vanly from USA
| Oct. 13, 2015 02:26
What are the things I need to do so I can travel to china for tourist purpo...
Asked by Roxie from Kuwait
| May. 06, 2015 22:57
Hi, I am trying to organise a Chinese visa. I am able to supply air ticke...
Asked by Ms.Australia from Australia
| Aug. 25, 2009 21:04
New to this, I'm Australian
Asked by Melissa from Australia
| Nov. 01, 2011 01:20
Applying for Chinese 30 day Tourist Visa
Asked by Alex Bruniges from New Zealand
| Mar. 19, 2016 01:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)