Asked by Mr.Thomas from Belgium | Feb. 01, 2010 07:05
About:China Embassy in Thailand

Hi there,

I am a Belgian citizen, currently in Chiang Rai, Thailand. My plan is the following: I would like to go to Laos in the coming days and then cross the border to China. What is the best possible way to get a VISA? Do I definitely have to go to either Bangkok or Vientiane or is it possible to get a visa in a consular (Chiang Mai for example)?

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Best regards

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Mac | Feb. 02, 2010 21:40
you can apply for a Chinese visa at Consulate General of China in Chiang Mai or Chinese embassy in Vientiane, however, the visa regulation varies according to your nationality and other events, maybe you can get Chinese visa in Chiang Mai or Vientiane, it is not 100%, you have to have a try. Sometimes, even though you hold valid visa or residence permit of Thailand, you can't get a Chinese visa in Thailand. For more information, you can refer to
Related Questions:
Direct bus to Chiang Rai
Asked by Oleg from Russia
| Dec. 03, 2015 01:56
i would like to take a bus or train from dali or kunming to chiang rai thai...
Asked by les fong from hong kong
| Aug. 23, 2015 03:40
I am a german passport holder and I need to apply for a Business Visa for C...
Asked by Oerter from Germany
| Oct. 15, 2013 04:09
hi, i am a british citizen and im currently travelling around thailand. i w...
Asked by Mr.peers from United Kingdom
| Sep. 06, 2010 22:50
Is it possible for a Belgian citizen to renew his/her Belgian passport in C...
Asked by J. Smeets from China
| Feb. 07, 2012 03:57
Apply for Chinese Business Visa in a third country
Asked by Lara from Belgium
| Nov. 01, 2011 03:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)