Asked by Ms.Julie from Canada | Jan. 27, 2010 18:49
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

I am going for a mini-tour to Asia. I will be leaving Canada around february 25th and plan to enter China for a maximum of 30 days, around may 5th. I will probably be visiting hong kong in addition to inland. I do not quite understand the visa expiration and validity specifications. If a apply for a single entry tourist visa, will I make it? Do I have 3 months to enter the country or do I have 3 months to enter AND use my maximum 30 days of stay? Also, they seem to be asking for specific itinirairies and return plane tickets. Is that mandatory ? I was planning on buying my return ticket from china to Canada only at the end of the trip...

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.Lilian from China | Feb. 01, 2010 03:15
Ms. Julie, Canadians don't need to provide the return flight ticket or detailed itinerary for tourist visa application, please don't worry, submit your original passport, one Visa Application Form attached with one passport photo to the visa office of Chinese embassy or consulates in Canada. If you apply for a single entry visa, for example, the issue date of visa is Feb 20, then you have to enter China before May 20 by using this visa, otherwise, it expires and can't be used to enter China, after you arrive in China during its validity, you can stay for 30 days counted from the date of entry, if you enter China on May 5, then you stay in China till June 3.
Related Questions:
as a british citizen do I need a visa for a stay in Hong Kong
Asked by Patricia Hewitt from England UK
| Jan. 14, 2015 21:48
UK citizen travelling around asia. Is it possible to apply for it when in...
Asked by Sharon from United Kingdom
| Mar. 23, 2015 04:04
Is it possible to get to Haikou from Vietnam by ship?
Asked by Helena from Finland
| Jan. 17, 2018 02:11
Will I qualify for the 144 hour visa?
Asked by Mrs Diane Cook from United Kingdom
| Jul. 05, 2018 06:54
Colombian citizen visiting Portugal needing VISA to visit China for tourism...
Asked by Catalina from Colombia
| Feb. 26, 2015 21:55
US - Singapore - Cruise - Shanghai - US
Asked by Tony from USA
| Sep. 28, 2017 21:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)