Asked by Mr.Kwan from Canada | Jan. 26, 2010 13:44
About:China Consulate in Vancouver

Hi, I am a permanent resident in Canada and hold a valid HKSAR passport. However, I forgot my PR card is expired and have to travel back to Hong Kong in Feb for 5 weeks which leave me no time to wait and renew the PR card in Canada. So, can I entry back to Canada with the HKSAR passport? as I am not sure if there would be enough time to obtain a travel document in Hong Kong.

Also, I would like to apply for Canadian citizenship. Should I apply it before or after the trip to Hong Kong?

Thanks for your help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Bruce | Jan. 31, 2010 03:50
I guess that you can't return to Canada with your HKSAR passport because that your Canadian PR Card has been expired. I know that Canada have granted visa-free access or visa-on-arrival to HKSAR Passport holders, if you can't go back to canada, you can apply for a visa on arrival.
Related Questions:
Sanya visa question
Asked by Syanu from Hong Kong
| Jul. 31, 2017 21:36
Canadian Permanent Resident holds a HK SAR Passport wish to travel from Tor...
Asked by Joey
| Aug. 16, 2013 02:56
Visiting China from HK with HKSAR Re-entry Permit
Asked by Harry Chiu from Canada
| Jul. 23, 2014 21:37
what type of visa should I apply to go to hongkong
Asked by nora from brunei
| Apr. 14, 2014 02:07
I have a Belgian passport and Home return permit, do I need a visa to go to...
Asked by Wiwi from belgium
| Sep. 22, 2011 04:15
Do I need visa to Hongkong as I want to visit hong kong 5 days?
Asked by Huong
| May. 29, 2013 04:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)