Asked by Mr.Vio from United States | Jan. 23, 2010 13:58
About:Chinese Consulate in San Francisco

I have known a woman in China for one year now. We have talked about getting married now. I'm not sure what the procedure is. Paper work is what sounds confusing to me.
1.I must fill out a proof of single status application, take this to a notary with my proof of divorce. Have this notarized.
Do I take this paper work to Embassy here or China?
Once we are married in China, will she be able to come back to U.S. with me or is there more paper work?
I have told here to start paper work for her passport and that once we are married she can obtain Visa.
Is this the best way to handle this situation?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from China | Jan. 24, 2010 02:26
Procedure for obtaining a single/non-marital status certificate

Affidavit of Single Status, signed before a notary public.
Certified by the Secretary of the State Office of the state where the document is executed. *Some states require the notarized document to be sent to the notary public's county clerk for verification before presenting to the Office of Secretary of State. Please contact Secretary of State Office of the state where your document is executed for details.

Certified by the relevant Consulate General. You must apply to the correct Consulate General which holds consular jurisdiction over your area of residence. The Consular District of the Chinese Consulate General in Houston covers: Alabama, Arkansas, Flordia, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas. Only documents certified by the Secretaries of State Office of the above listed 8 states can be certified by the Chinese Consulate General in Houston.

You may come to the relevant Embassy or Consulate Generals for application, or send a representative to apply for you. No appointment is required.

If you are married in China, the marriage liense should be authenticated by USA embassy or consulate in China, then your wife can easily get a visa to USA.
Related Questions:
My 90 day stay in China will end about January 26 2011. I am married to chi...
Asked by Mr.David Weiss from United States
| Dec. 13, 2010 22:53
female rabbit to a male tiger.
Asked by Ishezuishtar from USA
| Sep. 27, 2012 02:04
I'm Libra born on 5 Oct-1989 and my boyfriend 5-Aug-1988. We both were born...
Asked by Nonah from Saudi Arabia
| Jun. 25, 2016 20:57
I am in love and want to know if he loves me and will have a permanent rela...
Asked by ANNA from New Zealand
| Feb. 20, 2016 19:29
i am married with a chinese lady for about 4 years now, i like to go and li...
Asked by Mr.rené vaes from belgium
| Feb. 06, 2011 23:55
How do i get an invitation letter
Asked by Buba Mariam from Nigeria
| Jan. 20, 2015 02:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)