Asked by Mr.Jim from Philippines | Dec. 27, 2009 07:07
About:China Embassy in Singapore

Hi, I'm currently on student pass in Singapore. My dad is pure chinese and is currently staying in the Philippones. I can speak mandarin well. I am planning to go to China to visit my relatives on New Year. I went to this one travel agency in Singapore but they dont want to apply visa for me because they said that the Chinese Embassy has this new policy wherein Philippine Passports are being denied of Chinese visas. They said that if I really want to get a visa, I should directly go to the Chinese Embassy. I got my one entry visa in Singapore on September and I went to China on Oct. 2009. I dont know why the policy is suddenly changed. It is really pissing me off to see Filipinos getting discriminated. I mean I am a filipino-chinese, but getting refused by a travel agency just because I am holding a Filipino Passport is ridiculous. Anyway, I haven't tried going to the embassy. I'll just try another travel agency.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.HELPER from Canada | Jan. 03, 2010 19:48
yes, now the visa regulations become very strict for Filipinos, it is hard for Filipinos to get a Chinese visa now and you have to provide losts of documents and apply for Chinese visa at Embassy or Consulate of China in Philippines, you can see the list of required documnets for Filipinos on this official website
Related Questions:
do I need to apply visa for entry of Macau or Hong Kong if I departure in S...
Asked by Qin Yunyi
| Feb. 20, 2014 01:56
Hi, i am indonesian citizen but currently in Singapore, i don't hold a stud...
Asked by Mr.Ady from Singapore
| Mar. 15, 2010 01:50
hi, i'm Indonesian passport holder, and currently holding Singapore's stude...
Asked by Ms.Kezia from Indonesia
| Oct. 14, 2009 22:20
X2 visa convert to L visa
Asked by Elle from Singapore
| May. 29, 2015 04:51
Can i get visit visa for hongkong to visit my friend? please tell me the do...
Asked by zohaib from Malaysia
| May. 15, 2015 00:48
Hi! I'm currently residing in Singapore and holding a dependent pass. Can ...
Asked by Ms.Lyn from Philippines
| Mar. 22, 2010 20:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)