Asked by Ms.Eveline from Italy | Dec. 24, 2009 18:12
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

My contract in China has expired in October 2009 and I have return my work permit to my employer. I am no longer residing in China. But my residence permit is still valid until October 2010. I am planning to visit China for Chinese New Year in February 2010.
Can I still enter China for vacation with my current work permit or do I need to appy a new tourist visa?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.APAULT from China | Dec. 24, 2009 23:42
In theory, when you hand in the work permit (I assume you mean the small booklet) it will go through the system and should end up cancelling your Temporary Residence Permit - the one in your passport which is essentially a visa. Therefore,if you try to re-enter China you should be denied. In practice, this might not happen, but you would be taking a risk. I woukld recommend applying for a new visa.
Related Questions:
Residence permit for China
Asked by Susan from United Kingdom
| May. 16, 2014 03:21
I am British and want to reside in Shenzhen with my Chinese wife
Asked by Stephen Colbourne from United Kingdom
| May. 04, 2017 04:03
canadian passport and home return permit
Asked by Frances from Canada
| Dec. 19, 2016 21:24
question about Work visa
Asked by Christine Nguyen from United States
| Feb. 05, 2016 01:25
I am traveling from New York, USA to Mumbai, India via Beijing, China.
Asked by birjgan from USA
| Aug. 29, 2016 22:53
My mother works in China; I am nineteen (19) years old want want go to Chin...
Asked by Zarie from USA
| Feb. 02, 2015 21:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)