Asked by Mrs.Edwards from USA | Dec. 03, 2009 14:05
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

I have been processing for hire with a University in China for a teaching position and for financial reasons the school has decided to delay my hire for September. Basically I would like to know if there is a visa that would allow me to come early with my family, and begin to adjust to my new lifestyle in China. I had expedited our passports and they have arrived. I have a family member at the destination to stay with. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Answers (2)
Answered by Mr.helper | Dec. 09, 2009 20:29
Has the university in China send you a visa notification issued by the authorized Chinese unit and Foreign Expert's License issued by the Chinese Foreign Expert Bureau? If not, you can't apply for work visa, you have to apply for tourist visa to China, but it generally permits 30 days in China. I think you'd better wait for the university sending you the above two documents, then apply for work visa. now I guess they won't issue the documents for you because you will work in September, now it is too early.
Answered by Mr.Ng from USA | Dec. 14, 2009 19:51
Mrs Edwards,

Chances are, your position will be on "permanent" delay.

May want to look around other U for another placement.
Related Questions:
I have been offered a teaching post at a university in China. I am a UK ci...
Mr.BRASIDAS from Philippines
| Nov. 16, 2010 20:05
Changing universities
Asked by Dan from USA
| Nov. 19, 2014 00:55
What type of visa do I need if I want to go to China for working?
Asked by Kate from UK
| Aug. 15, 2014 22:13
what kind of documents my employer need to send me in order to get the visa...
Asked by liaqat from Pakistan
| May. 12, 2015 04:56
Hello , I am Pakistani National. I have been teaching in Wuxi for last 3 ye...
Asked by Mr.Zahid from Paistan/China
| Dec. 08, 2010 05:04
Notorization of Forms for Work in China
Asked by Christopher Wood from United States
| Jun. 19, 2018 22:16
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)