Asked by Mr.G from Canada | Dec. 02, 2009 02:04
About:Chinese Embassy in Japan

I found the following information on this website related to transit visas (see below). Does anyone know where I can find this information from an official chinese government website to confirm it?

"Visas are not required for passport holders of the following 20 countries, who transit through Pudong Airport or Hongqiao Airport or seaports of Shanghai, provided they hold valid passports, visas and tickets to the final destination and have booked seats, and stay in Shanghai for less than 48 hours (going out of the airport is allowed): United States, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, New Zealand, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, South Korea, Belgium, Luxemburg, Portugal, Austria, Greece, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland."

My situation: I'm Canadian and will be flying from Tokyo to Shanghai. I will be staying in Shanghai for 26 hours and then flying back to Canada and I am looking for some sort of official confirmation that I don't need a visa because I don't want to be stuck in the airport for the entire time.

Thank you,

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Jeff | Dec. 02, 2009 03:38
You can confirm this in the offical website of Chinese Embassy in USA
Related Questions:
Beijing airport tax: I found the following information at the airport webs...
Asked by Mr.Toly from Taiwan
| Oct. 30, 2009 22:39
the official website say 48hr?
Asked by Steeve from Canada
| Jul. 18, 2013 01:29
you do need to book an appointment
Asked by JJ from United Kingdom
| Mar. 06, 2015 19:38
I loved this information! Thank god I found this website, I needed it for a...
Asked by Ms.Jackie from U S A
| Jan. 14, 2009 17:45
Payment method
| May. 20, 2015 21:58
DO I need visa
Asked by Polat from Turkey
| Jan. 16, 2013 02:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)