Asked by Mr.Liam from japan | Sep. 30, 2009 08:22
About:Chinese Embassy in Japan

I live and work in Japan and hold a 1 year work Visa and my passport currently has 10 years before its expirey. I plan on visiting Shanghai for 14 days over Christmas, but have read that my Japanese Work Visa will require at least 6 months remaining.
At time of departure my Japanese Work Visa will have '5 months and 28 days' remaining.
Will I be able to depart. To get an extension on my work permit is expensive and it all seems rather stupid, especially considering that my passport is well within it's expirey date.

This information was taken from the Chinese Embassy website-
"A. Basic Requirements

a. A valid passport with enough blank pages.
b. Certificate of alien registration (to the aliens who have the visa with the period of more than half a year in Japan)"

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Edward | Oct. 05, 2009 02:16
The Engliash Version of official website of China Embassy in Japan doesn't update its inforamtion, now, you just need provide a legal alien registration and its copy, you don't need to provide the visa with the period of more than half a year in Japan.
Related Questions:
When will the new 10 year, multiple entry Visa be available in Houston?
Asked by Don from USA
| Feb. 02, 2015 21:15
Hi, I am a Malaysian passport holder. Currently i am in China to formalize...
Asked by Mr.C. Ong from Malaysia
| Jan. 26, 2010 23:20
Renewing China Resident Visa
Asked by Clinton from China
| Nov. 14, 2011 20:58
Passport and Chinese visa
Asked by Inge Hart from USA
| Jan. 09, 2016 21:20
Lost US passport with China visa. How can I get a reissued visa?
| Mar. 05, 2015 03:37
I hold a Canadian passport and work in the US, can I apply for 10 year mul...
Asked by Ray from USA
| Feb. 05, 2017 00:44
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)