Asked by Ms.Gemi from Belgium | Sep. 11, 2009 14:32
About:China Embassy in Belgium

We are 2 students, one Filippino and one Vietnamese staying Belgium. We plan to take a flight from Belgium to China, stay there for 1 or 2 week and then go back to our home countries. From the instruction I understand that we have to apply for tourist visa, type L. But do we have to provide hotel reservation because we may stay with our friend's family. In that case what do we need to provide as the proof of accommodation? Also, what about the air ticket? If we buy the ticket but we can't get the visa it would be a problem. Normally visas are issued and then people buy tickets. Why do we need to provide an air ticket before the visa is issued? I find it rather strange.
Thank you so much for answering my question.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.John | Sep. 11, 2009 21:36
If you will stay with our friend's family, you can ask them to provide you an invitation letter attached with the copy of their ID card instead of the hotel booking. With the China embassy have to grant your duaration time in China on your visa based on your round-way air tickets.
Related Questions:
German students, studying in Hong Kong want to spend some days in Shanghai
Asked by Manuel from Germany
| Mar. 09, 2017 20:12
Physical Examination Record for Foreigners - is this needed for a one month...
Asked by julie from United Kingdom
| Jun. 14, 2016 21:28
Do we need Vietnamese visa or will suffice "Approval Letter" from Vietnames...
Asked by Roman from Czech
| Feb. 04, 2017 01:03
Do Indonesians need visa to enter Shenzhen?
Asked by Irena from Indonesia
| Dec. 27, 2012 01:28
I am vietnamese. I will get married to one Chinese man who is working in Vi...
Asked by Ms.Sandy from Vietnam
| Sep. 06, 2010 22:46
Visa enquiries
Asked by Dawari from France
| Apr. 23, 2012 22:04
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)