Asked by Mr.Baecker from germany | Aug. 02, 2009 04:13
About:China Embassy in Germany

I am a german passholder, i would like to visit Shanghai this february and stay about 1 week there.
How fast can i get the visa let say for a tourist and for business, where are the differencies?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Ethan | Aug. 02, 2009 04:57
Mr.Baecker, you can get the visa on the same day of submitting visa application if you apply for the rush service.
The differences between tourist visa and business visa are:
Tourist Visa (L): issued to aliens who come to China for sightseeing, family visiting or other private affairs. Besides your passport, visa application form affixed with one recently taken photo, a Chinese hotel reservation certificate and a two-way air ticket is also required to provide. The Chinese embassy in Japan only issue L visa for the aliens holding Japanese Long-Stay visa (more than one year). So if you don't have the Japanese Long-Stay visa, you can't get a Tourist visa of China.
Business Visa (F): issued to aliens who are invited to come to China for a visit, investigations, giving lectures, doing business, carrying out scientific, technical and cultural exchanges, pursuing short-term advanced studies or doing short-term fieldwork, for a period of less than 6 months.
Besides your passport, visa application form affixed with one recently taken photo, an invitation letter from an authorized department of Chinese government is also required. If you don't have the Japanese Long-Stay visa, the chinese embassy in Japan still issue you a F visa.
Related Questions:
Is it possible for a Dutch passholder to get a chinese visa in Buenos Aires...
Asked by Mr.Derm from Netherlands
| Mar. 13, 2009 20:46
72 hours visa , from Germany
Asked by Frank Quabach from Germany
| Apr. 27, 2015 05:01
I would like to know which area in Shanghai is known for having the biggest...
Asked by Lara from Germany
| Aug. 30, 2014 04:48
Dear Sir or Madam, right now I stay in Shenzhen. I want to go to Laos on...
Asked by Mr.Jan from Germany
| Jan. 10, 2010 20:36
I would like to travel to Shanghai for 8 days with a German passport. Do I ...
Asked by Klara from Germany
| Aug. 17, 2014 02:09
I already used the 72 hours free transit visa a several times in Shanghai a...
Asked by Phil from Germany
| Jul. 08, 2016 21:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)