Asked by Ms.Fiona Zometsky from China | Jul. 05, 2009 19:44

Do you recommend that we change our money in New York, or in the Hong Kong Airport? Is the Yuan the currency in Hong Kong? Are US dollars accepted by restaurants and taxis in Hong Kong?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.BOb from China | Jul. 07, 2009 01:39
It is quite easy to exchange your currency into CNY at your arrival airports, as well as hotels and banks in China. You can exchange your currency and travelers check at the banks, banks' cash centers at major airports and hotels in Hongkong and China Mainland. Also, please kindly note that the there is about 4% card charge occur if you use your credit card. US dollars and Chinese Yuan are not widely accepted in shops and restaurants in Hong Kong. Although some shops do, their exchange rates might not be very favorable for you. You are suggested to exchange whatever currency you have into HK dollar at the banks when you are in Hong Kong.
Related Questions:
Change Money
Asked by Schultz from Cyprus
| May. 02, 2017 21:25
Where is the place we can change money from china to Hongkong money??
Ms.LINA3011 from Afghanistan
| Jun. 07, 2010 04:39
we'll be travelling in group. we are 22pax..we'll be staying there for 4 da...
Asked by Ms.jessie from philippines
| Feb. 09, 2011 00:35
Thank you very much Ms. Lisa for the help. We would also like to know if...
Asked by Mr.Bert from Philippines
| Feb. 27, 2011 20:25
Good day! My family and I will go to Hong Kong On December 8-11, 2010. How ...
Asked by Ms.Trina from Philippines
| Oct. 28, 2010 21:11
Hong Kong for 6 days in early May....
Asked by Don and Margot from Australia
| Feb. 10, 2014 00:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)