Asked by Mr.Benny from United States | Apr. 19, 2009 11:37
About:China Visa

I am asking on behalf of my sister (perviously Hong Kong Chinese now American). She is travelling to Hong Kong with her American husband and two children in June. They are planning to fly to Beijing from Hong Kong for a week afterward. She is wondering if her husband might be required to apply for chinese visa when they are still in US (his home country), or if they can apply for a chinese visa when they are in Hong Kong.

Some american friends of mine told me that they do have to apply for the chinese visa before heading to Hong Kong, because they will later enter China by flight instead of by land, but the Chinese Embassy US does not specify mention this requirement. Wonder if anyone might know.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Leonardo from China | Apr. 20, 2009 03:39
As far as I am concerned, there is no such a requirement. If you have enough time to make the application in his home country, it is better to appy for the visa in USA. It is always easier to apply for a visa in your home country than outside your home country.
Related Questions:
Hi. Is VISA necessary if I am to visit Hong Kong for holiday purpose for on...
Asked by Marcus from Singapore & Myanmar
| Feb. 19, 2017 03:39
Hi, I am a Vietnam citizen with Vietnam passport. I also have PR in Austral...
Asked by Ryan from Australia
| Apr. 20, 2017 22:18
Hi, I am an American teacher living and working in Seoul. I want to travel ...
Asked by Mrs.Lala from South Korea
| Jun. 23, 2009 22:25
Relationship proof sample letter
Asked by Samuel from Australis
| Feb. 27, 2016 01:54
Is it possible if I sent application and collect visa on behalf of my sis...
Asked by hani
| Feb. 27, 2012 01:33
L or Q Visa
Asked by Emily from USA
| May. 21, 2018 21:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)