Asked by Mrs.Liu-Camara from Panama | Mar. 02, 2009 12:59
About:China Embassy in Costa Rica

To the Honorable Ambassador: Mr. Wang Xiaoyuan,

My name is Wenyu Liu, I am a Chinese national my passport number is 452501650812074. For the past 6 months I have been living in Panama with my husband who is an American citizen. My passport will expire this month and as you know there is no Chinese Embassy or Consulate in Panama. I wish to come to our embassy in Costa Rica to renew my passport. However, I have been informed I cannot get a visa to enter Costa Rica unless my passport is good for at least 6 months.

Can you please advise me how may I get a temporary extension on my visa, or what I can do so that I can go to our Embassy in Costa Rica to renew my passport. As my passport expires on March 21, I would very greatly appreciate your earliest response. You can reach me at 507-6805 by phone or by fax at 507-720-1019, or by E-Mail at|DonMusa. If you can also tell me what documents I need if any to renew my passport besides my passport.

Thank you.


Wenyu Liu

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Daniel from China | Mar. 03, 2009 02:51
Hi, you can not get passport extended. Since Jan.1, 2007, the new passport regulation states that the Chinese embassy in foreign countries will no longer handle passport extension. Passport can only be renewed at the embassy or consulate. You'd better contact the embassy.
Related Questions:
Dear H.E. Mr. Eleih-Elle Etian, The Honorable Ambassador, Embassy of the ...
Asked by Mr.kamal from Bangladesh
| Aug. 14, 2009 20:43
is this still up-to-date?
Asked by Gerhard
| Aug. 12, 2013 04:01
Dear Honorable Ambassador Mr. Wang Xiaoyuan, We are asking for your ...
Asked by Mr.Colindres from Nicaragua
| Aug. 04, 2009 22:26
tourist visa request
Asked by Massihulllah salihi from Afghanistan
| Feb. 17, 2016 01:28
well mr ambassador, how can i student travel to china for holidays without ...
Asked by Mr.gideon from Ghana
| Jan. 31, 2010 03:41
Dear Mr Ambassador My firend is from Honduras and he needs passport to att...
Asked by Ms.venus Pineda from Canada
| Jul. 14, 2009 21:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)