Asked by Mr.Abdullah from saudi arabia | Nov. 11, 2008 00:09
About:China Embassy in Saudi Arabia

Attn: Ms. Eva, Thanks for your reply, but, once I again I would like to be clear myself for the same. It is confusing that Chinese Embassy in Jeddah has told me to obtain transit visa while Chinese Embassy in Riyadh has told me NO NEED to obtain transit visa if I am travelling to Manila having no intention to get out of the airport in Hongkong. Meanwhile, Cathay Pacific Air Line office has refused to arrange air ticket for me if I don't get transit visa for Hongkong. Please note that I will visit Manila by Cathay Pacific Air Ticket having 1.5 hours transit in Hongkong and I don't have intention to visit Hongkong. PLEASE RECONFIRM ME IF I HAVE TO OBTAIN TRANSIT VISA FOR HONGKONG - I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED NOW.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.Eva from China | Nov. 11, 2008 01:06
Mr. Abdullah, sorry, I check it again. I find you need a transit visa to enter Hong Kong although you just stay there for 1.5 hours.

I. According to the new visa arrangement adopted by the Immigration Department of the Government of Hong Kong SAR of the P.R.of China, citizens of the People's Republic of Bangladesh will require a visa to enter the Hong Kong SAR for whatever purposes, including those who are in transit and remain on the airside from December 11, 2006.

II. The following categories of Bangladeshi citizens are exempted from visa requirements for entry into HKSAR:
1. Holders of diplomatic or official passport who may visit HKSAR visa-free for a stay up to 14 days;
2. Holders of United Nations Laissez Passport visiting HKSAR or transiting through HKSAR to/from a third place for Official Purposes;
3. Operating aircrew and operating seamen on board vessels.

You can directly send your visa applications to the Immigration Department of the HKSAR, Contact information:
Tel: 00852-28246111
Fax: 00852-28777711
Mail Address: Immigration Department, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong

You can aslo submit application in Chinese embassy or consulate in Saudi Arabia.

Required Documents: 1. Your original passport with at least 6 months' remaining validity and one blank visa pages. 2. Completed Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit Application Form. 3. Passport size color photos taken in recent six months and attach on the application form. 4. Your original and copy of visa to Philippines.

Fees: 30 U.S. Dollars for visa to Hong Kong.
Processing Time: 4 working days in Chinese embassy or consulate in Saudi Arabia. 1 or 2 months in Hong Kong Immigration Department

I wish my advice is helpful for you.
Related Questions:
going to Shenzen from Hong Kong. Then fly from Hong Kong to Shanghai, singl...
Asked by Ms.low from Australia
| May. 08, 2011 03:25
My name Eva Banzo, I'm making an internship in Shanghai and I need to renew...
Asked by EVA from Spain
| Sep. 20, 2013 03:05
Thanks Mrs Tina for your reply. I will fly from Aust to Guangzhou and the ...
Asked by Mr.stephen from Australia
| Jan. 02, 2011 04:13
Thank you Mr Bobby for your prompt reply. We would be arriving in Shenzen ...
Asked by Mr.McElvaney from China
| Jan. 12, 2011 02:16
Can I take the bullet train from Tianjin to Xian or is there any other way?...
Asked by Mr Law from Malaysia
| Jul. 25, 2011 04:56
My jacket is missing.Tacking number is RB607020955CN.
Asked by Eva from Slovakia
| Nov. 30, 2013 03:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)