Home / Answers / Visa & Embassy / Thailand /
Asked by terry from China
| Jul. 26, 2012 00:33
About:China Embassy in Thailand
Chinese Visa for my Thai girlfriend

I live and work in Beilun China, I have a chinese resident and work permit, my question is what is required for my Thai girlfriend to come and stay with me in Beilun, I have purchased her a return ticket and she will live with me in my apartment, all expenses will be covered by me.
How long can she get a visa for ?
Thanks in advance

Login or post as a guest! *Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Answers (2):
Answered by Alvin
| Jul. 26, 2012 03:45
Reply   0   0
She is going to apply for a tourist visa, right? the Round-trip Airline Ticket, Hotel Booking in China, copy of your passport infomation, residence permit and work visa, Bank Deposit Certificate is required. The processing takes 4 working days from the embassy.
Answered by James from Thailand
| Jul. 26, 2012 05:35
Reply   0   0
Sorry Terry, it isnt going to happen. Marriage only I'm afraid, no girl friends. Even if you're married, by the time you've got a copy of an invitation letter from your company inviting your wife, stamped by the Foreign Affairs office and a full medical etc, you're probably talking upwards of 50k baht to even get a look in at a residency permit. For some reason they're making it either impossible or extremely costly to get any kind of visa now. You would need a 'Z' accompanying non-working spouse visa by the way.
Related Questions:
flight first to China and apply in Thailand
Asked by mike from United Kingdom
| Oct. 15, 2014 00:58
Hallo China Embassy Team, my Girlfriend. She is Thai likes to visit me i...
Asked by Mr.christian from germany
| Feb. 24, 2009 19:41
Do I a British person and my Thai girlfriend require a visa for China and H...
Asked by Nigel from Thailand
| Jan. 07, 2012 01:04
i'm an american expat living in china. i want my thai girlfriend to come s...
Asked by Mr.joe from USA
| Sep. 09, 2010 04:07
Dear Sir, My thai girlfriend will be meeting me in Hong Kong and then la...
Asked by Mr.Daniel from Singapore
| Apr. 06, 2010 23:08
Tourist visa to China for Thai
Asked by Maggie from China
| Mar. 13, 2013 21:59

Ask Question
* What would you like to ask? (100 characters)
Add a little more detail (optional) (2,000 characters)
Login or post as a guest User Name/Email: Password: Lost Your Password ? Cancel *Name: Country:
Send me an Email if anyone replies.