Home / Answers / Visa & Embassy / Canada /
Asked by Julia from Canada
| Nov. 02, 2011 10:35
About:China Embassy in Canada
Do I need a transit visa to leave Beijing airport during 8 hours layover?

I have a 8 hour lay over in Beijing and wanted to leave the airport to see the Great Wall. Do I need a transit visa? Is this the same cost as a 3 month visa? ($50)

Login or post as a guest! *Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Answers (3):
Answered by Lily from Canada
| Nov. 03, 2011 02:24
Reply   0   0
Yes, you need a transit visa as you leave the airport to visit Great Wall. It is costs CA$50 for Canadians. If you don't have time to get a single entry transit visa to China, you can try to get a 24 hours stay permit when you arrive in Beijing airport. Please show your connecting flight tickets to the immigration officer to prove the real transit. However, I can't sure you can get it.
Answered by Liz from USA
| Nov. 28, 2011 19:14
Reply   0   0
I actually think this answer is no - if you are a US Citizen and in the country for less than 48 hours, it doesn't seem you do. http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/transit.htm
Answered by Ms.MILES from United Kingdom
| Nov. 29, 2011 19:26
Reply   0   0
US citizens are not allowed to get a visa on arrival in China, in fact, 24 stay permit is a kind of a transit visa for aliens who transit China for less than 24 hours, therefore, US citizens have to obtain a transit visa in advance if they want to exit the Beijing airport or stay for more than 24 hours in the airport. If you are a Canadian and the layover in Beijing airport is less than 24 hours, it is possible for you to get 24 hours stay permit.
Related Questions:
I have a 3 hr layover in China, but i will not leave airport. Do I need a t...
Asked by Tace from USAs
| Nov. 24, 2014 21:27
Tokyo to Beijing with a stop in Shanghai?
Asked by Ray from USA
| Feb. 18, 2013 02:24
We have 9 hours between flights in Beijing. Do we need a 72 hr transit visa...
Asked by Patricia from Australia
| Oct. 22, 2013 04:12
Do I need Visa for 15 hours layover for going to the city ? at Baiyun Airpo...
Asked by Alamsah from Australia
| Oct. 04, 2012 01:04
Beijing-Shanghai- Seoul-Tokyo-Taipei-Hong Kong
Asked by Jessica from USA
| Dec. 09, 2013 01:59
Do i need a visa transit of this?
Asked by vinitckii sergei from Russia
| Mar. 15, 2013 00:53

Ask Question
* What would you like to ask? (100 characters)
Add a little more detail (optional) (2,000 characters)
Login or post as a guest User Name/Email: Password: Lost Your Password ? Cancel *Name: Country:
Send me an Email if anyone replies.